We are honored to serve those who have served us.

Kettering University is proud to support military families! We invite those on active duty, released from active duty, active reserve, inactive reserve, and dependents of military servicemembers to join the ranks at a school that is prepared to deliver an education that is vital for future success.

Veteran's Ribbon

Yellow Ribbon School and Post-911 GI Bill

Kettering University is a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon program. You can take advantage of the veterans’ benefit program for college education named the Post-911 GI Bill (Chapter 33), as well as the Yellow Ribbon program that corresponds with the bill.

Chapter 33 pays full tuition and fees for three years, as well as the stipends for housing and books. Kettering is directly reimbursed by the VA for tuition and fees. Students receive a monthly stipend from the VA to assist with costs of housing and books. The Yellow Ribbon Program allows institutions of higher learning to voluntarily enter into an agreement with the VA to fund (Chapter 33) tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate. The institution can contribute up to 50% of those expenses and the VA will match the same amount. Kettering holds this agreement with the VA.

Applying for Admission

Whether you are looking to start school as a freshman, transfer student or are ready to begin your graduate studies we encourage you to complete the following:

  • Submit an admission application
  • Speak with your Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within your Military Service prior to enrolling
  • Utilize the Post-911 GI Bill /Yellow Ribbon Program
    • Find complete and comprehensive information on the bill on the VA site.
    • Apply through the VA (check the website and apply on-line).
    • Notify Kettering's associate registrar that an application has been submitted.

Veterans Administration
GI Bill® benefits at Kettering University

The Registrar’s Office oversees the forms, information, and reporting services for VA-GI Bill benefits at Kettering University. All questions regarding GI Bill benefits as reimbursement for Kettering expenses should be directed to:

School Certifying Official
Office of the Registrar
(810) 762-7476

The VA programs vary for those on active duty, released from active duty, active reserve, inactive reserve, and dependents of military servicemen. Students are entered into the VA database when they start their first term at Kettering. At the start of each following term, students' coursework is certified for the VA through the database.


Please contact our Veteran Student Counselor

John Waldo
800-955-4464 ext. 9938