Ford STEM Scholarship
Ford Product Development is utilizing Design Thinking & User Experience methods to deliver breakthrough products and services that will delight our customers. Our employees are laser-focused on bringing innovative, exciting, and sustainable ideas to life. From autonomy and electrification, to smart mobility technologies, our Product Development teams around the world are working together with excitement to make smart vehicles for a smart world.
ONE TEAM -- ONE PLAN -- ONE GOAL
Our goal is to support you and your transition into the high performing, inclusive and engaged workforce needed to meet the product development needs of tomorrow. As part of the Product Development cooperative education program (co-op), you will be provided with hands-on experience that will develop you technically and professionally. Over the course of multiple semesters, the co-op program also lets you build a network of friends and contacts, learn about living and playing in Dearborn, Michigan, learn valuable skills and see what Ford Motor Company is all about.
You can be a part of the team's future success.
Co-ops are assigned to various areas within the PD organization (i.e. Testing and Validation, CAE, Component and/or Assembly Design). Within these first few assignments, you will be able to demonstrate your technical ability and leadership skills as you begin to define your concentration of interest in the latter years of your educational program. This highly personalized program is driven by the student’s interests and growth opportunities to develop a capable workforce.
Those individuals who successfully demonstrate the skills required to contribute to the PD organization's success will be considered for available openings matching their background and interest upon graduation.
For more information regarding Ford, please review the following links to apply for the co-op opportunity:
Ford Corporate Home
Awards are variable in amount based on student need.
- Must be an admitted, incoming student
- Black or African American; or of Hispanic heritage
- Reside within the city of Flint or within the state of Michigan
- FAFSA must be completed by March 1 (opens October 1).
- Must be U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must apply for paid co-op with Ford Motor Company here
- Must be successfully be placed as a paid co-op with Ford Motor Company
- Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA throughout the program.
- Student must be continually enrolled to be a part of this program.
- Submit a 250-500 word essay about why you are interested in STEM career fields and why you want to work at Ford Motor Company
- Submit a resume
Accepted students can apply through Scholarship Universe.