Kagle Leadership Initiatives
Kagle Leadership Initiatives (KLI) seeks to provide future leaders with both academic and non-academic support services designed to enhance preparation and access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
KLI offers a comprehensive series of academic year workshops and enrichment activities. An incentive scholarship is available for students who complete the program in its entirety. Each successful year completed, students will earn $500 to be forwarded to the university or college that the future leader will attend. This is a one-time award only for students who graduate while a current participant in the program.
Future Leaders Eligibility Requirements
- Ninth to eleventh graders of the Flint area or surrounding community high schools
- 2.7 minimum GPA with expectation of going to a college/university after high school graduation
- Referral from counselor
- Letters of recommendation from teacher and individuals in the community
- Community service interests
- Willing to develop leadership qualities
- Parent/family involvement with participation in at least two meetings during the year
- Willing to commit to program guidelines and meeting requirements for two Saturdays a month
- Willing to have a positive attitude in working with other high school students and Kagle Leaders
The Kagle Leadership Initiatives (KLI) is devoted to the belief that training, supporting and engaging students fosters academic excellence, instills leadership qualities and encourages civic engagement, thereby cultivating young people to be great leaders. The unique and impactful experiences that KLI provides equip Flint area community students with the tools necessary to achieve their goals and dreams.
Kagle Leadership Initiatives (KLI) envisions an increased number of empowered, informed and proactive youth from the Flint area community to become future leaders and engaged citizens. KLI seeks to provide future leaders with both academic and non-academic support services designed to enhance preparation and access to post-secondary educational opportunities.