September 30 2021 - HEERF Student Aid Quarterly Report
HEERF III – American Rescue Plan (ARP)
Quarterly Report - September 30, 2021
Kettering University signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement document under Section 18004(a)(1) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Securities Act (CARES) to provide Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF). This agreement applied to the Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF III) funds under Section 2003 of The American Rescue Plan of 2021 (ARP). No less than fifty percent of the funds received under the ARP will be used to provide emergency grants to students.
Kettering University was allocated $1,921,578.00 in Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF III) funds under section 2003 of the ARP. $1,004,400 have been distributed. 502 students have received emergency financial aid grants.
Criteria for determining eligibility for HEERF III funds at Kettering University includes:
- Domestic undergraduate degree-seeking students enrolled in summer 2021 and Fall 2021.
- Demonstrated financial need as represented by an Expected Family Contribution of $16,000 or less, as determined by the FAFSA.
- International undergraduate degree-seeking students enrolled in summer 2021 and Fall 2021.
- International students who cannot submit a FAFSA, must complete a financial statement worksheet and financial aid staff uses an online EFC calculator to simulate an EFC.
- International students with an EFC of $16,000 or less are eligible.
The number of eligible students was estimated at 600.
Grant amount is $2,000. Students were advised that they may use HEERF III funds for any component of the cost of attending the University or for emergency costs that arise due to the coronavirus, such as tuition, food, housing, health care (including mental health care), and child care. Students had the opportunity to authorize having their HEERF III funds applied to any balance on their student account. Kettering distributed funds directly to the eligible students who did not authorize having funds applied to their student account. The remaining HEERF II funds will be combined with HEERF III funds and awarded to students according to the eligibility criteria for those funds.