Receiving & Maintaining Aid
Receiving and Maintaining Aid
Once your need and eligibility for all financial aid resources has been determined, we send you a financial aid offer.
- Incoming freshman/transfer students will receive a paper award letter.
- Continuing students will receive their award letter in an electronic format.
Students have access to their financial aid information through Banner Web Self Service, a secure network, 24-hours a day every day of the week.
You will receive your financial aid funds, including scholarships, on the first disbursement day of each semester as long as the following items are complete.
- You have signed and returned all requested documents promptly.
- Your file has been reviewed and finalized. Your Federal Direct Loan has been certified (and if you are borrowing for the first time, you have completed your Master Promissory Note (MPN) and completed Loan Entrance Counseling).
- You are enrolled at least half time.
Note that Kettering University credits funds from outside awards and loans upon receipt of the funds from the external agency.
First possible disbursement dates for each term during the 2023-2024 academic year:
Summer 2023 - July 5
Fall 2023 - September 25
Winter 2024 - January 3
Spring 2024 - March 25
Work Study earnings are earned and paid biweekly based on the number of hours worked.
Students whose financial aid awards are greater than the semester charges for tuition, fees, room and board may receive a bookstore voucher to cover textbook and school supply costs at the bookstore. Students wishing to use this option must go to the Financial Aid Office to make this request.
If financial assistance exceeds billed charges and leaves a credit on your account, you can request a refund from the Student Accounts Office. Checks are drawn on Friday only. Student Accounts must receive your request by Tuesday to issue a check on Friday. If a student’s credit is caused by the disbursement of a Parent PLUS Loan, the parent who borrowed the loan must submit written authorization/permission for the student to request and receive the refund.