The University worked with teams from across the University to identify and implement safety procedures to enable our safe return to campus.
These steps, guidelines, and processes are outlined in our Playbook for Our Safe Return. In addition to a downloadable version, sections can be searched to easily find relevant and important information.
The Playbook details the many steps we will take to:
- Ensure the physical and mental health and safety of students, staff, and faculty as well as our Flint neighbors
- Deliver the high-quality, excellent education and learning experience our students expect and deserve
- Provide direction and clear expectations of the University to its internal and external community
- Demonstrate and reinforce Kettering Values of:
- Respect for teamwork, honesty, encouragement, diversity, and partnerships with students
- Integrity including accountability, transparency and ethics
- Creativity fostering flexibility and innovation
- Collaboration across disciplines and with all partners
- Excellence in all we do
Divided into sections focusing on Students, Academics, and Employees, the Playbook address all aspects of University operations, including:
- Extensive and ongoing cleaning and safety measures being taken
- Daily health check protocol and free testing availability Thompson Hall move-in and risk mitigation procedures
- Guidance for off-campus residents and Greek life
- Course delivery options and structure (face-to-face, live-streaming, and virtual)
- Classroom and lab use guidelines
- Updates on multi-use facilities such as the University Library Rec Center, Atwood Stadium
- Technology support
- Availability of student services support including ASC, University Library, Wellness Center, etc.
- Dining and food service protocol (Sunset Café, C-Store, BJ’s Lounge and Grill, and Einstein Bros. Bagel)
- Required policy for outside visitor or contractor access
We will continue to evaluate and monitor factors that might impact or change our plans. When and if circumstances warrant a change, we will respond immediately. Updates will be regularly posted to the website and communicated directly to the Kettering community.
Guidelines for all students and employees details requirements and critical safety measures that will be required for all upon return to campus. View/download the document that outlines procedures for the campus community.