Kettering University requires all students to carry health insurance coverage. The University requires all enrolled students to submit proof of health insurance once each academic year, or to purchase Kettering’s Accident and Sickness Insurance Plan.
- The Chartis Educational Markets (formerly Maksin Insurance), a third party, verifies health insurance coverage through their online system.Students must complete the online verification form
- Students will automatically be enrolled in Kettering’s Accident and Sickness Insurance Plan for coverage if they fail to provide proof of health insurance through the online verification process by the deadline.
- Students who wish to enroll in Kettering’s Accident and Sickness Insurance Plan need not take any action.
- Cost of the University insurance plan is $1212.00 for coverage. See the Plan Brochure for complete information
- Students may also purchase dependent coverage through the Kettering plan.
Students and their parents may contact Chartis through their website. or toll-free at (877) 775-5430. Kettering’s Wellness Center staff will also answer questions about the health insurance verification procedure.
Contact: email@example.com or (810) 762-9650
Frequently Asked Questions about Kettering’s Health Insurance Policies and Procedures:
Why does Kettering care whether or not students have health insurance?
We believe access to health care, through affordable insurance, to be critical to our student’s success and wellbeing. We want to ensure that ill and injured students receive necessary medical care, when and where they need it. The most cost effective means for providing access to affordable health care is through individual insurance coverage. Rather than mandating all students purchase Kettering’s health insurance plan, we only require it only of those students who do not have other coverage.
Who is the Chartis Educational Markets and why is Kettering doing business with them?
The Chartis Educational Markets (formerly Maksin Insurance) has more than 40 years experience providing health insurance coverage and insurance verification services to hundreds of colleges and universities throughout the United States. Kettering contracts with them following a competitive bid process carried out by professional staff from the Wellness Center, Student Life, and Administration and Finance. This committee selected Chartis because they provide Kettering with the most comprehensive medical coverage at the most competitive price.
How secure is the information Chartis collects?
. Note that Chartis will not disclose any non-public personal information about anyone except for the purposes of carrying out services or actions related to their products and services.
How much money is Kettering making off this certification process?
What if I (or my parents) have more questions about the health insurance verification process?
The Charits Educational Markets website
provides general information and contact opportunities. Contact Chartis by telephone at (877) 775-5430. Students and their parents my contact the Wellness Center at (810) 762-9650; (800) 955-4464 Extension 9650; and firstname.lastname@example.org
Interim Director of the Wellness Center