Frequently asked questions about Kettering's CAPP Degree Evaluation System

The following questions have been provided to assist you with troubleshooting issues related to the CAPP (Curriculum, Advising, and Program Planning) Degree Evaluation System.   

1. Who can use the CAPP degree summary tool? 

All degree-seeking students who entered Kettering University in the Summer 2001 term (or after) can use CAPP. 

2. How do I access it?

Access is gained using your Banner-web username and password at the Banner-Web /Self Service website. After logging in, click on the “Degree Evaluation” link.

3. What are the "general requirements" and the "additional information" screens for?

These are the screens which show the courses that were used toward your degree and courses that were excluded from your degree. The "detail requirements" option provides the most comprehensive analysis of your progress toward degree completion. The “additional information” screen shows excluded courses including co-op work terms, repeated courses, withdrawals and failures.

4. How does CAPP decide where to place courses that I've completed?

CAPP processes your courses chronologically, based on a "best-fit" scenario. It will look through each of your courses in the order you've completed them, and assign each course to the first requirement in your degree program that the course will fulfill.

5. Can I request an adjustment in the degree requirements on my CAPP evaluation? How does this work?

There may be circumstances necessitating an adjustment to your degree requirements in CAPP. Your degree Department Head must approve the adjustment, or substitution, in writing. The CAPP Adjustment Form is available in the Registrar's Office.

6. What are the program and overall grade point averages that are listed on the first page of my audit?

The overall grade point average is your cumulative grade point average (GPA). The program GPA is the average for all courses that CAPP used to complete your degree program. Please note this grade point average is not your official GPA at the university. Your official GPA is noted on your academic transcript.

7. Does the CAPP evaluation replace advisement or the final academic term audit?

No. The CAPP degree evaluation does not take the place of regular academic advising. Students are responsible for making sure all of the requirements for their degree have been met and should work with their academic advisor to plan out how they will meet those degree requirements. 

All undergraduate students are required to complete a Final Academic Term Course Selection and Course Work Audit form with their advisor when registering for their final academic term. An application to graduate must be submitted at this time as well, which will initiate a preliminary degree audit. 

All students are responsible for complying with the academic policies and procedures that are published in Kettering University’s undergraduate and graduate catalogs.

8. What if I don’t see courses I’ve taken, or otherwise think my CAPP report is wrong?

E-mail or contact the Registrar's Office directly. The majority of degree programs are designed to accept the classes you take, but exceptions can occur. A representative from the Registrar’s Office will review your CAPP report and provide an explanation, or assist you with a resolution if necessary.

Key Contacts

  • Main Office
    (810) 762-7476
  • Grades
    (810) 762-9587
  • Graduation
    (810) 762-7852 (Master)
    (810) 762-9587 (Bachelor)
  • Guest & AP Credits
    (810) 762-9912
  • Registration
    (810) 762-7476
  • Transfer Students
    (810) 762-9912
  • Transcripts
    (810) 762-7476
  • Veterans and GI Bill
    (810) 762-9583