Central Receiving & Support
Shipping Procedures for Personal Packages
We are delighted to ship personal packages via UPS, FedEx, and USPS for our staff, students, and faculty. By using this service, you may realize significant savings - typically 40% or more - over standard rates, because we can extend our volume pricing to you.
In high volume periods, Central Receiving & Support may limit the number of personal packages shipped per day. During Holiday and Student arrival/departure periods, you are encouraged to make arrangements well in advance if you anticipate having a large number of personal packages to ship.
How much can you save by using us?
Here's one example: Shipping a 2-day express envelope normally costs approximately $14. We will ship this for you for typically less than $8 - a saving to you of 40% over standard rates.
To take advantage of this service:
- Bring your item(s) to be shipped to our service counter along with the recipient's mailing address and any special instructions. A department staff member will visually inspect your package(s) to ensure no potentially hazardous items are being shipped. Please note that you will need to properly package items so they are ready for processing.
- A department staff member will enter your information into the shipping station software to generate a shipping label for the package and determine the shipping cost of your package. They will then process your package for the carrier to pick up at the end of the day, and generate a document indicating the shipment and the tracking number.
- You then need to go to Student Accounts to pay for the shipment. The hours of operation of the Student Account Office are Mon.-Fri., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Upon payment, Student Accounts will generate a receipt for you. You then must return to Central Receiving & Support with your receipt. Without it, we will not be able to ship your package. It is your responsibility to ensure that Central Receiving & Support receives the receipt.
- Central Receiving & Support hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. For weekday shipments by UPS or FedEx, please have your packages to Central Receiving & Support by 3 p.m. Packages received between 3-4:30 p.m. may be processed but held for UPS or FedEx pick up the next business day.
- Prices are subject to change at any time.
- Central Receiving & Support reserves the right to refuse any and all personal shipments.
- For international shipments, please see a Central Receiving & Support staff member for details and special instructions.