“Kettering graduates are uniquely prepared to make an immediate impact in their professional fields, and these rankings reflect that advantage.”
Kettering University was listed among 25 colleges and universities nationwide in Money Magazine’s examination of colleges whose alumni report earning at least $100,000 per year with just an undergraduate degree.
Money Magazine used data from PayScale.com’s recently released College Salary Report to identify the “25 most affordable colleges that launch graduates into six-figure careers.” The article states, “An MBA from a top school, for example, typically costs more than $100,000. So investing in a good-value undergraduate education can save big money down the road.”
“Kettering graduates are uniquely prepared to make an immediate impact in their professional fields, and these rankings reflect that advantage,” said Kettering University President Dr. Robert K. McMahan. “Our students receive a rigorous and outstanding education from world-class faculty in our classrooms and labs while also being immersed in meaningful professional co-op and research placements from the moment they arrive on campus. That means our graduates enter the workforce with a world-class education as well as 2.5 years of deep and relevant professional experience, which allows them to advance quickly and achieve remarkable things.”
Kettering graduates ranked 52nd in the country and first in Michigan in mid-career pay, according to the PayScale rankings released August 26, 2015. Kettering graduates are 15th in the country and first in Michigan in early career pay, according to the rankings.
When graduate degrees are factored in, Kettering graduates rank 55th in the country in mid-career pay and 16th nationally in early career pay. Kettering is first in Michigan in both categories.
Kettering University’s recent rankings and designations include:
- Kettering University was listed 10th in a 2015 CNN Money article ranking the top 10 private universities in the country for return on investment.
- Kettering University was ranked 14th nationally among non-Ph.D. granting engineering universities and fourth nationally among Mechanical Engineering programs in the 2015 U.S. News and World Report ‘Best Colleges’ edition.
- 2015 ‘Best in the Midwest’ designation by the Princeton Review.
- Kettering University ranked No. 137 on Business Insider’s 2014 list of the ‘600 Smartest Colleges in America’ list.
- Kettering University is ranked No. 1 in the Midwest and 12th nationally in ‘Return on Investment’ according PayScale.com’s 2015 rankings.
- PayScale.com ranked Kettering University alumni No. 1 in Michigan and 59th nationally in earning potential in their 2014 rankings.
- Automobile Magazine named Kettering University as one of four universities nationally that students hoping to work in the automotive industry should consider in a December 2014 article.