Kettering University Commencement 2014 coverage
Kettering University awarded degrees to 463 graduates on June 22, 2014.
Kettering University awarded degrees to 463 graduates at 2014 Commencement ceremonies June 22. Below is a recap of all of the Commencement coverage.
- David Kenny '84, CEO of The Weather Company, which includes The Weather Channel, Weather.com, Weather Underground and the Weather Channel App, gave the keynote address. See the full video above and read more about Kenny's background and experience at Kettering.
- Graduates Cameron Oskoian, Victoria Sprague Reidling, Maria Goodpaster, Julia Hershey, Nurudeen Huthman, Elizabeth McLean, Andrew Sierra and Nate Sall discussed their experiences at Kettering and future plans. See the video:
- A gallery of 2014 Commencement photos is available on Facebook.
- Read more about this year's Commencement award winners and see photos of the Honors Banquet.
- Outstanding thesis winner Samuel Gravelle was recognized both by Kettering and by industry for his work.
- The hands-on nature of a Kettering education appealed to student speaker Scott Hoffman.
- Nurudeen Huthman, who completed a bachelor's and master's at Kettering, discussed his experiences as an international student.
- Andrew Sierra was featured in a Commencement preview story by MLive.com:
"I think one thing that Kettering does really well is allows you to understand the impact you can have not only in the workplace but in the world around you. I was able to look past this campus and ask what can I do to make an impact?" Sierra said. "Flint is a big part of the Kettering experience."
- MLive.com covered Commencement, interviewing graduates and covering the speeches:
"You are the generation that will apply math and science to the three biggest challenges humanity has ever faced," Kenny said. "The challenge of mastering climate change, the challenge of providing good healthcare to the largest population ever to inhabit the earth and the challenge of transporting twice as many people and goods as when I graduated."
- MLive.com also has several photos from the event.
- Kettering's real-time coverage of the ceremony is archived on Twitter.
Written By Patrick Hayes | Contact: Patrick Hayes - firstname.lastname@example.org - (810) 762-9639