Curricular Practical Training (CPT) is any alternative work/study, internship, cooperative education, or other type of required internship or practicum that is offered by sponsoring employers through cooperative agreements with the school. You are eligible for 12 months of CPT as it must be an integral part of an established curriculum.

Optional Practical Training (OPT) is temporary employment that is directly related to an F-1 student’s major area of study. Eligible students can apply to receive up to 12 months of OPT employment authorization before completing their academic studies (pre-completion) and/or after completing their academic studies (post-completion). However, all periods of pre-completion OPT will be deducted from the available period of post-completion OPT.


Although we cannot send out scanned copies of your I-20, we can provide you information to help you schedule your visa interview. Please contact our office with your request.

Please let our office know and we will provide a support letter for your next appointment.

Admitted Students

You are encouraged to join the Facebook group for incoming students. Here is the link for this year's group:

The deposit is $350 and can be paid via international wire transfer service FlyWire ( For international students with a United States bank account, you can pay online via NBS ( or by mailing a check to the university.

Course registration begins approximately one month prior to the beginning of the term. You will participate in an advising webcast (dates and times will be emailed to you). After completion of the webcast, you will be able to set up a one-on-one appointment with an academic advisor. These appointments can be done in person, over the phone, or via Skype. If you are unable to meet with an advisor, many students will register for courses during the orientation that occurs prior to the term starting.

You are eligible to begin working your co-op term once your have completed 2 academic terms. However, the co-op process begins your first term to prepare you for employment when eligible.

You will receive orientation information which includes arrival dates specific to your start term.

Unfortunately, we cannot accomodate you if you arrive earlier than the specified orientation arrival date.

Yes, you are required to live on campus your first year unless you are a transfer student who meets specific criteria then you may qualify for a housing waiver.

Once you have accepted a co-op employment offer our Office of International Programs will help you obtain your Social Security card.

Yes, you will need to purchase a car if you do not already have one as you must have transportation for your co-op employment.

Yes, parking is free although a parking permit is required. Students may purchase a special parking permit for specified parking if desired.