Applying for loans may seem confusing at first because college loans can come from a number of sources. Some are based on need (Direct Federal Subsidized Loan); others are not (Direct Federal Unsubsidized Loan, Direct PLUS Loan and private student loans). The Direct loans come from the Federal Education Loan Programs.   You should make sure you have exhausted all of your federal financial aid options by completing the FAFSA before deciding to apply for a private student loan. Our financial aid specialists are always available to answer any questions you might have:

Phone   1-800-955-4464, x7859 or 810-762-7859

Applying for a Federal Direct PLUS Loan

Direct Plus Loans are loans offered to parents of dependent undergraduate students to help pay for education expenses not covered by other financial aid. You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
(FAFSA) and then you can apply online for the Direct PLUS Loan.

Lender List for Private Student Loans

To determine which lenders and private student loan options to present, Kettering University uses strict criteria based on your interests and not those of our institution. We recognize only those lenders who provide you with exceptional customer service; excellent incentives, timely processing, and electronic funds transfer capabilities when possible. However, you are free to select any lender you choose, including those not presented on our lender list. Get more detailed information on our lender selection process and to view and compare private student loan options.

You should start the application process four to six weeks prior to the start of your academic term.

NSLDS Student Access Web Site

What is NSLDS?
The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the U.S. Department of Education's central database for student aid. It receives data from schools, agencies that guaranty loans, the Direct Loan program, and other U.S. Department of Education programs. NSLDS provides a centralized, integrated view of Title IV loans and grants that are tracked through their entire cycle; from aid approval through closure

What information is available to me through the NSLDS Student Access web site?
You can use the web site to make inquiries about your Title IV loans and/or grants. The site displays information on loan and/or grant amounts, outstanding balances, loan statuses, and disbursements. 

What information do I need to use the NSLDS Student Access web site?
In order to use the NSLDS Student Access web site, you will need to provide your Social Security number (SSN), the first two letters of your last name, your date of birth, and your PIN (formerly known as EAC).