We require all enrolled students to carry health insurance, either through the Student Health Insurance Plan provided by AIG Educational Markets in partnership with Kettering University or another source, such as a parent's employer. Before the start of every new academic year, you must make the choice to enroll in, or waive out of the insurance plan. If you do not waive out by the deadline, you will automatically be enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan and responsible for one year's premium, which is $972.00 for the 2015-2016 academic year. Before waiving students should make sure their coverage will provide adequate protection as well as access to doctors in Michigan. Separately, we will send further information about the University's health insurance requirements to students and their parents.
Instructions for verification of your own insurance:
- Click on the AIG logo below and it will take you to their site
- Log in with your previous log-in information or create a log-in to go through the verification process
- You will receive notification of the approval of your information via email
- Check your student account the following week to ensure the charge has been taken off
- All international students on a F-1 visa are required to purchase the AIG insurance. Please talk with the International Office if you have questions about this requirement effective July 1, 2013.
All current Kettering students (A-Section & B- Section) & new incoming A-Section students:
The following students are required to verify that they are covered under a health insurance policy by completing the online health insurance verification process; otherwise, they will be automatically enrolled in and charged premium for the Kettering University Student Health Insurance Plan.
- All new/transfer incoming students enrolling in Summer 2015 Term (A-section);
- All returning A- and B-section students who are enrolled in or will be enrolled in classes or cooperative education work; and
- All seniors who may not be registered in any classes but are finishing a thesis project in the 2015-2016 academic year.
- Verification period open June 1, 2015
- Verification period close July 31, 2015
New incoming B-Section Students only:
- B-section (Fall 2015) verification period open: September 1, 2015
- B-section (Fall 2015) verification period close: October 31, 2015