Zelpha McKinnon Wellness Center
The Zelpha McKinnon Wellness Center engages in a collaborative relationship with students, faculty, and staff to create and implement programs and services that addresses the needs of the community. We encourage students to pursue their highest potential for well-being so they may fulfill their academic, professional, and personal aspirations. Our goals are:
- To help students maintain their health and avoid interruption of their educational experience so they may achieve their academic success and career goals.
- To provide access to affordable health care services so students may pursue their academic goals without interruption.
- To provide an educational health care environment in which students may learn to participate in self care and make healthy lifestyle choices.
Instructions for verification of your own insurance:
- Click on the Health Insurance link on the left
- Click on the AIG logo and it will take you to their site
- Log in with your previous log-in information or create a log-in to go through the verification process
- You will receive notification of the approval of your information via email
- Check your student account the following week to ensure the charge has been taken off
- All international students on a F-1 visa are required to purchase the AIG insurance. Please talk with the International Office if you have questions about this requirement effective July 1, 2013.
Services and programs include:
- Nurse Triage
- Counseling Services
- Drug & Alcohol counseling and resources
- Disability Services
- Insurance Services
- Stress Management
- Student Assistance Program
- Support Groups
- Guest Speakers and Workshops
- The ADA Handbook for Faculty
- Community Resources
- Health and Medical History Forms
- AIG- Student Health Insurance Verification
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
1700 University Ave.
Flint, MI 48504
Phone: (810) 762-9650
Fax: (810) 762-9929
Interim Director: Cristina Reed, MA, LPC
Nurse: Catherine Zarkovi , L.P.N.
Wellness Coordinator: Prudence Croom-Larry, BHS, MHA/ED
Counselor, Student Assistance Program: Amanda Lambert, MA, LLPC
Hours and Contact Information
7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (M-F)
Phone: (810) 762-9650
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (M - F)
Monday and Thursday: 9 a.m.- 2 p.m.
Tuesday and Wednesday: 11 a.m.- 4 p.m.