Financial Aid

Diane Bice, Director of Financial Aid – 810-762-7859

Many Kettering students receive financial aid, in the form of scholarships, grants, loans, and campus employment.  The Financial Aid Office assists students in identifying all sources of funding to help meet the cost of their education.  It strives to prepare the best financial aid package available to allow qualified students to pursue an education at Kettering University.  Early application for financial assistance is strongly encouraged.

Financial Aid Application Procedure

In order to be considered for all available aid, submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the Federal Processor by February 15th each year.  Any additional information requested by the Financial Aid Office should be submitted as quickly as possible.  Late filers may lose valuable award dollars.

On-Campus Employment Opportunities

Numerous opportunities to obtain on-campus employment exist atKetteringUniversity.  These opportunities include Federal Work Study (FWS), which is based on financial need and is funded (in part) by the Federal government and Kettering University employment, which is available to students not eligible for FWS positions. Typical jobs include office assistant, grader, lab assistant, computer programming assistant, research assistant, andRecreationCenterassistants.  Most departments have FWS and/orKetteringUniversityemployment opportunities.  To determine if your student is eligible for FWS, s/he should contact the Financial Aid Office.  Job announcements are posted on the On-Campus Job Postings board, located outside the Student Accounts Office in theCampusCenter.

All students working on campus for the first time are required to complete the I9/W4 forms for payroll (available in the Financial Aid Office 4‐100cc). 

You are required to submit two types of identification with your completed I9 form. If you have aUSPassport, that will satisfy both requirements of identification. Otherwise, please bring the following identification documents with you to campus (one from each of the following groups):


  1. Driver’s License/School ID
  2. Social Security Card/Birth Certificate