Outside Visitor/Guest/Contractor Access Protocol
The University’s goal is to provide a workplace environment that is safe for employees and for those whom it serves.
Only essential Visitors, Contractors and Vendors that support the university’s operations will be permitted on Campus. Anyone other than a current student, faculty or staff member must have prior written approval from the HR Department prior to coming to the Campus.
Any non-essential meetings with visitors, community and business partners can be conducted effectively by phone or remotely via Zoom and Google Hangout.
Notification Process for On-Campus Visitors / Contractors / Vendors
Only essential Visitors, Contractors and Vendors that support the university’s operations will be permitted on Campus. An email request must be submitted which will generate a work ticket, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information (this includes day-of or emergency services):
- Kettering Project Contact
- Company Name (Contractor/Vendor)
- Visitor's Name (if known)
- Reason for the visit
- What Building and Door Access needed (indicate if no access is needed, ie someone will be escorting the individual)
- Beginning and End Date of visit
- Begin and End Daily Hours
Advance notification is imperative
HR will review the necessity and appropriateness of the request and respond to the door access work ticket. If there are any objections or concerns HR or the Campus Safety Admin will contact the Visitor’s, Contractor’s or Vendor’s Kettering project contact.
If the visit is approved, the Campus Safety Admin will provide an ID Card to the Campus Safety Officers for the Visitor, Contractor or Vendor. Access will only be permitted to the (5) public exterior doors unless the KU representative designates specific doors required for that contractor to access.
The Campus Safety Officer will contact you to meet your visitor, contractor or vendor once the check-in process is complete.
Upon advance HR approval, the following procedures must be followed:
All outside Visitors, Contractors and Vendors:
- Must check into the Campus Safety Service Center (none of the other check-in stations) to complete and sign the yellow daily health question card to demonstrate that there are no health concerns and have their temperature taken each day during any multi-day project work