Kettering University • Flint, Michigan
July 17 – July 29, 2016
Application Deadline: May 9, 2016
LITE is a two-week residential program created by Kettering University to introduce high school girls to engineering specialties. Participants will learn how to design products that have a profound impact on people’s lives: air bags, crash test dummies, artificial limbs and organs, and car seats. A degree in engineering prepares students for advanced study and careers in business, medicine, law, and education.
- Female students who will have completed 11th grade by July 1, 2016
- Female students who have displayed a strong interest in science and math
- A 3.0 grade-point average
There is no cost to apply. If accepted, you will be asked to pay a $1500 program fee.
(Financial aid is available; contact the Director for information.)
Note: All LITE Program participants are expected to participate in all scheduled events and to remain on campus for the entire two weeks.
Only completed applications will be considered. Yours should include:
- This application, signed by you and your parent
- Your personal statement
- An official high school transcript (Officially sealed, or sent directly by your school to the Director.)
- A letter of recommendation from your science or math teacher. (Your teacher should mail this directly to the Director)