Graduate Students Next Steps

Confirm your intent to enroll and find information on health insurance and immunizations requirements, housing, academic advising, courses, tuition payment and more.

Below is valuable information to get you started on next steps.  Please note, you will be required to use your My Kettering (LDAP) log-in information to access some of the sites.

Graduate Student Information

Once you make your decision to attend Kettering University, please confirm your enrollment and secure your place in the class by submitting the $350 Enrollment Deposit.  This fee is applicable towards your tuition payment.

Pay your deposit online  >

You can also pay by check (include your complete name and address) payable to Kettering University. Send the check to:

Office of Admissions
Kettering University
1700 University Ave.
Flint, MI 48504

Wiring Payment - International Students

For students who wish to wire money, please utilize Flywire.

Pay by Flywire  >

Enter your details and submit payment. Please note that you must include your Student ID number with your payment. For questions about paying by Flywire, contact Important information is found on the flywire blog  How International Students Can Avoid Tuition Payment Scams.

Student Health Insurance

Per university policy, Kettering University requires all enrolled students to carry health insurance.

Domestic Students

Before the start of every new academic year, you must make the choice to enroll in or waive out of the insurance plan. If you do not waive out by the deadline, you are automatically enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan and are responsible for one year's premium.

International Students

International students with "F" visa status are required to be covered under the Consolidated Health Plan (CHP) Student Health Insurance Plan.  At the time of registration, the student is automatically enrolled in the mandatory KU-endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan and is charged for the coverage period on their student financial account.  Please talk with the International Office if you have questions about this requirement.

More Information

For complete information on Student Health Insurance log into My Kettering and visit

Immunization Information

All students are required to complete an immunization form.

For important information regarding your housing options, it is strongly recommended that you review the Residence Life ( page within the My Kettering portal.

Kettering University encourages students to learn more about Thompson Hall and Campus Village Apartments. Most graduate students opt for Campus Village Apartments, which are across the street from our campus. It is a secure, gated facility, within walking distance. This provides apartment style living with a full kitchen, and the ability to cook your own meals.


Develop a Plan of Study by contacting your Academic Advisor for assistance.

Academic Advisors

MBA, MS Operations Management or MS Engineering Management Students

Dr Christine Wallace (810) 762-9630 or 

MSE Students in Automotive Systems or Mechanical Engineering

Dr. Bassem Ramadan (810) 762-9928 or

MSE Students in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering

Dr. Ravi Warrier (810) 762-7847 or

Registering for Class

Registration for the next term opens Week 3 of the current term. Registration is available approximately 2 ½ months before classes begin until the start of the term.

Registration information is available by logging into My Kettering and visiting the Registrar's Office (


The Graduate Catalog, online at, contains complete program and course descriptions. Course listings for upcoming semesters are posted to the Dynamic Schedule as they are finalized.


Tuition payment is due the first day of classes.  Please watch your Kettering email for your billing notifications.  If you have any questions concerning payment, please contact the Student Accounts Office at (810 762-9552 or email  You may also refer to the website for more information.

Wiring Payment

For students who wish to wire money, please utilize Flywire. Go to to enter your details and submit payment. Please note that you must include your Student ID number with your payment.

For questions about paying by Flywire, contact Please visit the flywire blog on How International Students Can Avoid Tuition Payment Scams. 

ID Cards are issued by the Campus Safety Office on the 5th floor of the Campus Center (Room 5-941) in the Office of Administration and Finance.  Please be sure to visit this office to obtain your ID card as soon as possible.

Your student Identification card must be carried with you at all times.  Please be sure to review the ID Card Policy ( by logging into My Kettering. If you have any questions regarding Card Access, email or contact Jeanne Featherston at (810) 762-9899 or by email at for more information.

For parking registration information, please refer here.  


You may order through the Kettering Bookstore beginning three weeks prior to the start of the term.

Support services are available through the Cooperative and Experiential Learning Office. For more information log into My Kettering and visit the Office's page (

The Graduate Catalog, online at, outlines important academic policies for graduate students.


As an incoming student to Kettering University, you must provide an official transcript/individual mark sheets documenting your receipt of a bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) or its foreign equivalent. You must also provide any other transcripts documenting the award of other degrees (e.g., M.A., M.S., Ph.D.) and any coursework completed that were cited in your application for admission.  

If your transcripts and degree certifications were issued in languages other than English, you must also submit certified, literal and complete English translations of those documents. If you are from a country that only issues one original copy, please present your documents directly to the Admission or Registrar Office for review.

All transcripts must be submitted prior to your second term of registration.

Prior to Class Start

Office of Admissions
Kettering University
1700 University Avenue
Flint, MI 48504-6214 USA                            

After Matriculation

Registrar's Office
1700 University Avenue
Suite 3-309 Academic Building
Flint, MI 48504-6214 USA

Additional Details

If your institution issues certified/authenticated electronic transcripts, those should be sent to   If you anticipate delays in providing these materials or have questions regarding this process, contact the Registrar's office at using only the word "Transcript" in the subject line of your message.


Communication and Student Information Tools

During your time at Kettering, faculty and staff will use the following to communicate important information to you:

  • Kettering E-mail
  • Blackboard (online course management system)
  • Banner Web/Self-Service (used to register for courses, view student records such as degree evaluators, grades and financial aid information).

It is imperative that you access your Kettering e-mail on a regular basis. Your username and password were provided in your Admission Acceptance email.

If you have any technical questions regarding these systems, please contact or (810) 237-8324.


Blackboard is an online course management system. Your classes might use Blackboard to:

  • Post class syllabus, handouts and presentations
  • Administer online exams/quizzes
  • Conduct discussion boards
  • Post online assignments

Users of the university’s Blackboard system must have a reliable internet connection and a web browser.

Use your username and password that were provided to you in your acceptance e-mail and are the same as the My Kettering (LDAP) user name and password.

Professors may also instruct students to have access to other software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, or Adobe Acrobat Reader.


The My Kettering website is the intranet for all Kettering University students and employees.

Graduate School Intranet

The Graduate School is part of the My Kettering Intranet and is available to admitted students. It is a resource to learn about the assistantship program, scholarship opportunities, and more.

Technology Support

Support services, including, KU Cloud information, can be found In My Kettering. Once you have logged in visit


International Graduate Students Only

On the day that we mail your I-20, we will also send you an email that provides your SEVIS number and tracking number. Use your SEVIS number to secure your visa appointment as early as possible.

Current visa wait time information is available at the U.S. Department of State. The United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS) requires a one-time SEVIS fee for all F-1 and J-1 visa applicants. Learn more about detailed payment instructions and answers to frequently asked questions at


The Office of International Programs (OIP) is here to make your transition to life at Kettering as smooth as possible.

It is important that you plan to arrive in time to attend our required Orientation.  Please see upcoming dates below.

  • Spring Orientation: March 25, 2019 (Preferred arrival on March 23 and 24, 2019)
  • Summer Orientation: July 10, 2019 (Preferred arrival on July 8 and 9, 2019)
  • Fall Orientation: September 30, 2019 (Preferred arrival on September 28 and 29, 2019)

You will receive an email to complete the Arrival Form.  You may also send your visa and/or arrival information to as soon as you have it. If you are arriving outside of the suggested dates, don’t worry we are still here to help.

The OIP will make every effort to pick you up from the airport in Flint and provide guidance should you be arriving at another airport such as Detroit. The OIP will contact you directly to confirm your pickup at the airport and whether they can accommodate you outside of normal pickup times where necessary.

Available Pick-Up Dates

  • Spring 2019: March 22, 23, and 24
  • Summer 2019: July 8 and 9
  • Fall 2019: September 28 and 29

If you do not receive an update, please feel free to send a message to and they will be happy to answer all your arrival and immigration questions.


You can arrive in the United States up to 30 days before the start date listed on your I-20. However, if you arrive after the date listed on your I-20 you may encounter difficulties up to and including denied entry.

At the US port of entry please be prepared to present the following documents to the CBP inspection officer.

  • Passport with F1 Visa
  • Form I-20 Certificate of Eligibility
  • Your admission letter
  • Evidence of Financial Support

Please do not pack these items in your checked luggage as you won’t be able to access them before you are inspected at the point of entry.

Note: If you are given an I-515A please report immediately to the Office of International Programs so that they can help you through the process of submitting the required documents to USCIS for extension of your status. Instructions for this process are always provided by the issuing border agent and the OIP will assist you in rectifying any status issues.

Once your information is confirmed the agent will take a photograph of you and scan your fingerprints. The inspecting officer should also mark your US visa with a stamp that states F1 D/S. If the agent forgets to stamp or denote this on your visa pages, please ask the officer to rectify it immediately as the process is easier at the airport/land crossing rather than after you arrive at Kettering University.

Please note that with Flint as your final destination you will likely be inspected at a larger airport within the United States. Should you encounter any delays in your flights before your final leg to Flint or at immigration processing, and will be delayed in getting to Flint please e-mail with updates regarding your arrival time.