Lear Scholars Program
Lear Corporation, a global automotive technology leader in seating and electrical and electronic systems, is ranked #147 on the Fortune 500 with world-class products designed, engineered and manufactured by a diverse team of talented employees. Our vision is to be consistently recognized as the supplier of choice, an employer of choice, the investment of choice and a company that supports the communities where we do business.
The Lear Scholars Program provides the families of Lear employees the opportunity for their students to enroll in Kettering University and benefit from its intense academic curriculum – one which combines theory with practice better than any university in the world.
Awards are variable in amount based on student need.
Lear children admitted to Kettering University that are selected for the Lear Scholars program access the following benefits:
- Scholarships - additional support based on demonstrated financial need.
- Lear co-op work placements in the United States.
- Full-time job opportunities with Lear upon graduation.
- All US accepted applicants are required to complete the FAFSA (Free application for federal student aid) by February 1 (opens October 1).
- Non-US applicants are required to complete the International Student Financial Aid Application and a Kettering-supplied affidavit of support. Please note US immigration regulations require all student visa applicants to document the sources of their educational funds.
Deadline: March 11
To apply, complete a Kettering University admissions application. No additional scholarship application is required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your parents name and Lear employment location.