Dual and Early Enrollment
Jump Start Your Education
Kettering University offers exceptional high school students an opportunity to experience university academics at our nationally recognized University
Our program follows the Michigan guidelines for early enrollment or dual enrollment programs. Substantial scholarships are offered.
This program is available to qualifying students in the 11th or 12th grade who meet Kettering’s registration requirements. Through dual enrollment, the student’s high school pays a portion or all of the tuition. The student/parent is responsible for any additional costs not paid by the high school.
This program is available to any 11th or 12th grade student who meets Kettering’s registration requirements. The student/parent is responsible for all costs associated with early enrollment at Kettering University.
Common Dual Enrolled Courses
- COMM 101 - Rhetoric & Writing I Required for all Kettering University majors
- ECON 201 - Economic Principles Required for all Kettering University majors
- IME 100 - Interdisciplinary Design and Manufacturing Required for all Kettering University engineering majors
- MECH 100 - Engineering Graphical Communication Required for all Kettering University Mechanical Engineering majors and some other engineering majors
- CHEM 135/136 - Principles of Chemistry/Lab Science course required for all Kettering University engineering majors and elective for others
- MATH 101 - Calculus I Required for all Kettering University engineering majors and many others
- MATH 102 - Calculus II Required for all Kettering University engineering majors and many others
- CS 101 - Computing & Algorithms Required for all Kettering University Computer Science and Computer Engineering majors
- ECE 101 - MATLAB and C Programming Required for all Kettering University Electrical Engineering majors
- PHYS 114/115 - Newtonian Mechanics/Lab Required for all Kettering University engineering majors and many others
Course Schedule and Calendar
Admission to Program
Students in the dual-enrollment program may take classes during any term. Two courses per term are allowed. Students accepted must be entering their 11th or 12th grade in high school.
Summer Application Deadline - June 1
Fall Application Deadline - September 1
Winter Application Deadline - December 1
Spring Application Deadline - March 1
The following must be submitted for course registration:
- Completed application and registration form
- High School transcript with 3.2 GPA
Registrations are approved by the Admissions Office and based on available space.
For students initially entering the Dual Enrollment program, a meeting with the student and parent on Kettering University’s campus is required. The online course schedule is not available for first-term students to view, therefore, the Admissions Office will assist students with:
- Identifying available courses in which to enroll, times offered and term dates
- Reviewing the forms
- Clarifying course costs and the payment process
The Cost of Attendance
The cost of attendance for the 2021-2022 (per each 4-credit course) is:
|Net Kettering Cost*||$3,160*|
|Less High School Payment||(varies when applicable)|
*Includes student access to Kettering University’s Recreation Building, Library and Tutoring Services. Fees are waived. Does not include books/supplies.
Students are sent a billing notice via their Kettering email when invoice is ready.
Application processing and enrollment is handled by the Admissions Office. For questions on this program, feel free to call (810) 762-7865, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cost of a 4-credit class for Genesee County high school students is a flat rate of $600 per course.
Dual Enrolling Elsewhere?
Find out which courses will transfer to Kettering University on our transfer webpage.