DTE Alternative /Sustainable Energy Camp
DTE Alternative/Sustainable Energy
Summer Day Camp
The existence of all forms of life on our planet depends upon the consumption of energy in one form or another. All life, including humans, plants, animals, and even very tiny sea creatures, extract energy from our surroundings and convert it to usable forms. The food we consume, the solar rays that shine on us, and the fires we get by burning are all different forms of energy. Summer camp students will learn how human activities affect climate change, impacting the raging California fires and the African droughts. Participating students will:
- Tour Michigan Power generation facilities (Solar, Wind, Biofuel, Hydrogen Fuel).
- Work on demonstration projects to build the system using energy conversion devices.
- Learn about electricity and energy measurements.
- Learn what caused the Flint water crisis and understand its impact on society.
- Through hands-on energy sessions, learn about solar, wind, fuel cells, battery/energy storage, energy.
- and environment, hybrid autonomous vehicles, water security, and bio-renewable fuels.
- Understand how renewable energy technology will support sustainable agriculture and sustainable future cities for the next generation.
Five (5) Scholarships will be offered on a need basis (student must qualify for free or reduced lunch.) Each Scholarship will cover 50% of the program fee.
How to apply for the scholarship: Write an essay about Global Warming and Climate. The essay must be a minimum of 2000 words and a maximum of 4000 words. Email the essay to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include your full name, email, and mobile or home phone number in your essay. The deadline to apply is June 1, 2023, at Midnight.
Program Fee: $250
July 24 - August 3, 2023
Week One: Monday, July 24 - Friday, July 28, from 9:30 am until 3:30 pm
Week Two: Monday, July 31 - Thursday, August 3, from 9:30 am until 3:30 pm
If you have any issues with registration, please contact Cherie Taylor at email@example.com
For additional information regarding the camp curriculum, please contact:
Dr. Joel Berry at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Susanta Das at email@example.com