Pursuing a degree is a significant investment in your future. Earning this degree is a significant achievement in your professional life. Kettering recognizes that the quality of the education you receive makes a big difference.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs.
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in, life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Program Educational Objectives
Program Educational Objectives (PEO's) are broad statements that reflect the needs of the program constituencies, and are consistent with the University educational mission. They describe the characteristics and capabilities that should be exhibited by graduates in the first few years after graduation.
- Provide leadership in contributing to the success of their organizations.
- Work collaboratively to synthesize information and formulate, analyze and solve problems with creative thinking and effective communication.
- Make professional decisions with an understanding of their global, economic, environmental, political and societal implications.
- Apply modern tools and methodologies for problem solving, decision making and/or design.
- Be committed to professional and ethical practices, continuous improvement and life-long learning.