These options are available only to Kettering University undergraduate students entering the MBA, Operations Management, Engineering or Engineering Management graduate programs.
Kettering University undergraduate students who desire to obtain a master’s degree may elect to complete the Bachelor/Master Program which provides students an opportunity to accelerate the process in which they earn both a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree. This program is only available to Kettering University undergraduate students and leverages Kettering University’s premier academic programs. Students who are admitted into the Bachelor/Master Program will complete the same total number of work terms as conventional non-Bachelor/Master undergraduate students.
Option 1: Undergraduate (BBA/BS) Thesis
- Students must apply before graduating (after completing 120 credit hours) or within six (6) years after obtaining their undergraduate degree.
- The student completes the undergraduate degree, with the traditional undergraduate thesis (BS), and receives the bachelor’s degree at the conventional time.
- Up to eight (8) credits of mezzanine level (500-level) courses, which were completed at the undergraduate level, are also applied to the master’s degree. (Mechanical Engineering capstone courses do not apply.)
Forty (40) credits remain to complete the MBA (total of 48 graduate credits) or thirty-two (32) credits remain to complete the master’s degree (total of 40 graduate credits). As an option, four (4) of these credits can be granted for an MS thesis.
Option 2: Graduate Thesis Only: No Undergraduate Thesis
- Students must apply before starting their undergraduate thesis (i.e., before submitting their PTA).
- Eight (8) credits granted for the graduate-level thesis, four are applied to the undergraduate degree and four are applied to the graduate degree.
- The student will not receive the bachelor’s degree until completion of the graduate-level thesis.
- Up to eight (8) credits of mezzanine level (500-level) courses, which were completed at the undergraduate level, are also applied to the master’s degree.
- One course (four credits) will be waived in the graduate program.
- Twenty-eight (28) credits remain to complete the master’s degree (a total of 36 graduate credits).
The MS thesis will be a more purely academic thesis driven by the faculty, but must be authorized by the student sponsor.
A minimum GPA of 3.5 is required. Students with a GPA below 3.5 may be considered on an individual basis. The degree granting department will determine acceptance.
- Both part-time and full-time MBA and MS students may qualify for this program.
- This program is only available to students who will receive (or have received) a Kettering University bachelor’s degree.
In addition to the standard application, students must formally apply to the program. Contact Graduate Admissions at 810-762-7953 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an Admission Application for the BBA/BS/MBA or BS/MS program.
- For Mechanical Engineering options, please contact Dr. Raghu Echempati at 810-762-7835 or email@example.com.
- For more information on this program for Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering, please contact the IME Department at 810-762-7941.
- For more information on this program for Business options, please contact the Department of Business at 810-762-7952 or firstname.lastname@example.org.