Course Withdrawals

When circumstances occur whereby a student feels that completion of a course is not possible or in the student’s best interest, the student may request a non-punitive grade of W (Withdrawn) be issued by the Registrar’s Office.
Such requests will be accepted and honored during the course withdrawal period specified on the published academic calendar. After the course withdrawal period, the student may not withdraw from the course and is committed to receiving a Kettering University letter grade.
A student who wishes to withdraw from a course must submit a written request using the Course Withdrawal Form. Refunds or reduction of tuition will not be made after the fourth week of the term. Tuition and Fees information including refund rates is listed on the web.

University Withdrawal

Withdrawing from the University requires a written request to the Office of the Registrar at registrar@kettering.edu

Withdrawal due to Military Call to Active Duty

Students may withdraw from the University and receive a 100% tuition refund upon presenting to the Registrar, the original Armed Forces orders. Non-punitive grades of W will be issued. Should the call come during eighth week or later, in the judgment of the instructor and the student, incompletes may be given with no reimbursement of tuition. Course work then would be completed per arrangements agreed upon by the instructor and student.
Questions: Contact the Office of the Registrar

Key Contacts

  • Main Office
    (810) 762-7476
  • Grades
    (810) 762-9587
  • Graduation
    (810) 762-7852 (Master)
    (810) 762-9587 (Bachelor)
  • Guest & AP Credits
    (810) 762-9912
  • Registration
    (810) 762-7476
  • Transfer Students
    (810) 762-9912
  • Transcripts
    (810) 762-7476
  • Veterans and GI Bill
    (810) 762-9583