ALERT : Happy Holidays! Kettering University wishes you a happy holiday season! Normal business hours will resume on Monday, January 5.

Traveling on Research $?

If research dollars are paying for your travel expenses, you will need to complete and submit a Prior Approval For Travel form to the Office of Sponsored Research (OSR).  This form is required for anticipated expenses charged to a sponsored contract or grant.

In addition, if you are traveling internationally, Kettering requires you to complete an International Travel Form.

A Travel Report must be completed within 30 days after returning from your trip.  The Kettering Travel Policy must be followed on all research travel except in the case where the sponsored contract or grant has specific rules and regulation on travel expenses, in which case, the contract/grant will supersede the Kettering Travel Policy.  For all federal awards, the federal per diem rates are effective for all travel. 

Questions regarding travel expenses on sponsored contracts and grants should be directed to the