Accessing the Blackboard Content System with Web Folders on Windows XP
This helpsheet describes in general how to setup a Windows XP Web Folder to access the Blackboard Content System (aka My Files).
1. Login into Blackboard
2. Find the file or folder you wish to access
- Go to the My Files tab
- Left click the down-arrow drop-down selector to the right of the item you wish to access
- Select Open in Web Folder
3. Take note of the "Current Web address", you will need this later
1. Open "My Network Place"
2. Click "Add a network place"
3. In the "Add Network Place Wizard" Welcome screen click "Next" to continue.
4. Select "Choose another network location" and click "Next"
5. In the "Internet or network address:" field enter the "Current Web address" you took note of in Part 1 above and click "Next".
6. In the "Connect to blackboard.kettering.edu" dialog box, fill in your "User name" and "Password" and click "OK"
Your user name and password is the same as what you use for logging into Blackboard.
If you are using your own computer it may be easier to check the "Remember my password" box so that you are not constantly prompted to enter your password when trying to copy files back and forth to the server
7. Give your network place a name, the suggested default will probably be sufficient.
8. Click "Finish"
9. If everything went well then an explorer windows should come up with the location of the web folder where you can drag and drop files.
1. Through "My Computer"
- In "My Computer" click on "My Network Places".
- Double-Click on the shortcut (named in Part 2, step 7 above) to the Web Folder.
- You should then have a Windows Explorer window where you can drag and drop files.
2. Through the "File" "Open" dialog of your application
- In the "Open" dialog click on "My Network Places" and then select the shortcut (named in Part 2, step 7 above) to the Web Folder.
- Find the file you are looking for and click "Open".