International Graduate Admissions
Kettering University welcomes applications from prospective international students who have earned a bachelor’s degree. The information on this page will assist you as you consider Kettering University for graduate study.
If you live outside of North America you may apply to attend Kettering University as on-campus student. Distance learning delivery is only available for citizens or permanent residents from the US, Canada or Mexico.
International applicant's admissions application packet should include:
- Admissions Application
- Application fee - $50 (U.S. Dollars) checks payable to: Kettering University
- Official transcripts - transcripts must be official or certified with an English translation from all undergraduate studies. Engineering applicants must have a degree in an engineering discipline.
- Credential Evaluation - A Document-by-Document credential evaluation of undergraduate transcripts is required for admission. A Document-by-Document evaluation identifies and describes each credential in terms of its principal elements: name of credential, requirements for entry and program length, and expresses an equivalency in terms of U.S. education. The fee for this service will be at the expense of the student. We accept evaluations from companies that are recognized by the National Association of Credential Evaluating Services (NACES). For this listing please go to www.naces.org/members.htm
- Financial Statement - International student applicants must document their ability to meet all educational and living expenses for the entire period of intended study. We require an original certified bank statement in U.S. currency reflecting a minimum of $43,000 ($54,000 for MBA) in a savings account.
- Passport - Legible copy of your passport
- TOEFL or IELTS: Applicants whose native language is not English and who have not earned a Bachelor’s degree from a U.S. institution are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Languages Testing System (IELTS). Please have official scores sent to Kettering University’s Office of Graduate Studies, Code 1246-01. Photocopies will not be accepted.
- Our minimum requirements are:
TOEFL: Paper-based: 550 Computer-based: 213 Internet-based: 79 IELTS
International Admission Deadlines:
Please send all Admissions materials to:
1700 University Avenue
Flint, MI 48504
Notification of Admissions Decision
Please allow up to six (6) weeks for review of your application materials. An application packet will not be reviewed until all required materials have been received. Most applicants should receive a written decision via postal mail within 4-6 weeks; however, delays may be caused by Kettering shut-down days, excessive flow of applications, etc.
Please plan to arrive one week prior to the start of the term to attend our exciting orientation. This informative campus and community overview will provide you, along with other International students, the opportunity to:
· Meet with faculty and staff
· Tour Kettering’s campus
· Receive information regarding cam-pus policies
· Attend a seminar on American Classroom Culture
Scheduled meals, entertainment and shopping trips provided during orientation week.
Life as an international student means balancing the requirements of the United States Immigration regulations with that of the Kettering University academic policies. American culture requires that you take personal responsibility for learning, understanding, and following all regulations. The International Student Orientation will provide the foundation for this continual learning process.
Helpful information about coming to and living in the United States can be found at http://www.internationalstudents.org (not affiliated with Kettering University).
A limited number of teaching and research assistantships are available; however you must be fully admitted prior to being considered for an assistantship. That means we need all of your checklist items before you can be considered for admission and then considered for an assistantship.