Tuition and Fee Schedule
Kettering University takes the guesswork out of funding an undergraduate education.
Kettering University offers a fixed-tuition guarantee for all undergraduate students, becoming the first Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) university in Michigan and one of only a handful in the nation to offer the cost-saving guarantee. Kettering has also eliminated all academically related fees in its all-inclusive tuition package (see terms and conditions below).
The move makes Kettering University a national leader in containing higher education costs in the delivery of a world-class engineering, science, mathematics and technical education. In taking this step, Kettering joins a very small and prestigious group of forward thinking colleges and universities that are intentionally helping families better plan and prepare for college expenses.
Our reason for “fixing” tuition was simple – to take away the guesswork involved in college costs. Last year alone, tuition went up an average of 8% at US universities. These ever changing costs make it impossible for families to budget effectively for college expenses over the four to five years that it typically takes a student to graduate. The Kettering fixed-tuition plan means that college costs for the entire program are predictable. Kettering is now offering a complete picture of tuition costs to our students, instead of a year-by-year peek at the increasing costs of higher education. Families have been asking for pricing stability and predictably and Kettering is pleased to be among the first to guarantee it.
This means, simply put, if you make normal progress towards your degree, your tuition will not change during your course of studies. For current undergraduate students, the fixed rate applies for full-time study in each remaining term to graduation. For new students enrolling in 2013-14, the fixed rate will apply for up to 10 academic terms of full-time study.
Simultaneously, we are affirming our commitment to providing superb undergraduate programs in science, technology, engineering, mathematics and business with a rigorous experiential education component. All of us at the University are dedicated to ensuring that every element of your education here is rooted in excellence – whether that be in the classroom, the laboratories, or on the playing fields and in the gym.
The following provides you with a listing of rates which will be in effect at Kettering University during the 2013-14 school year, which runs from July 2013 through June 2014 (to view rates in effect during the 2012-13 school year, see the respective catalogs - Undergraduate or Graduate):
|Full-time, 15-22 credit hours, per term
Entering Class 2013-14
Returning Students - Class 2012-13 and Prior
Part-time, less than 15 credit hours, or
|Graduate Tuition (Master's Program), per credit hour||$771|
Room & Board
|Entering Class 2013-14, per term||$2,135|
|Returning Students - Class 2012-13 and Prior, per term||$1,597|
|Board Rate (meal plan), per term||$1,355|
|Exchange Student Enrollment, per term||$250|
|NSF Check Processing Fee||$25|
|Student ID Card Replacement Fee||$10|
|Student Insurance, per year **||$1,260|
|Undergraduate Application Fee||$35|
|Undergraduate Late Payment Fee||$300|
|Undergraduate Enrollment Deposit|
|($200 applies toward tuition charges and $100 housing deposit)||$300|
|Graduate (Master's Program)|
|Graduate Late Payment Fee||$40|
|Graduate Credit by Proficiency Exam Fee||$30|
|Graduate Transfer or Credit Posting Fee (per credit hour)||$5|
|Graduate Graduation Fee||$160|
|Graduate Application Fee (International Applicants Only)||$50|
If you have any questions concerning tuition or fees, please contact Student Accounts at 1-800-955-4464 x9552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
** The University requires students to submit proof of health insurance each academic year, or to purchase Kettering’s Accident and Sickness Insurance Plan.
All charges for the current term are due the beginning of each academic term. Please visit e-Cashier for information on a variety of online payment options including payment in full or monthly budget payments over 2 to 6 months for undergraduate students.
Undergraduate Fixed-Tuition Guarantee Plan - Terms and Conditions:
- The policy is for 10 successive academic terms.
- Students must remain in good standing and be studying full-time to keep their fixed-tuition guarantee.
- Students who exceed 22 credits are charged the overload rate based on their entering fixed-tuition rate.
- If a student withdraws at any time, he/she is subject to adhere to the University’s refund schedule. If the student is readmitted to the University he/she will be subject to the tuition rate that is equivalent to the fixed-tuition rate paid by the entering class students at the time of re-admittance.
- If a student does not graduate by the end of the 10th term, he/she will be subject to the tuition rate that is equivalent to the fixed-tuition rate paid by entering class students at that time.
- Transfer students will receive a fixed-tuition rate schedule prorated for successive academic terms based on their academic standing when they enroll.
- Students can request one additional term to complete their thesis term beyond the 10 term fixed-tuition rate. If the thesis is not completed by the end of this 11th term, a charge equal to four (4) credit hours at the fixed-tuition rate of the current entering class will be assessed.
- Room and Board and other business related fees are not included in the plan and are subject to change.
- The Board of Trustees reserves the right to modify this program for future entering classes.
Cost of Attendance
Checked out Kettering's net price calculator yet? It’s included within the Business Office pages for your convenience. If you’ve any questions once you’ve sampled it, please contact your financial aid representative directly, call 1-800-955-4464 x7859, or email email@example.com.
Avoid the line... pay on-line!
We've partnered with Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS)/FACTS e-Cashier Payment Plan, to budget payments in full or equal monthly installments.
Student Refund Rates Policy
Tuition Refund Rates for Undergraduate and Graduate Students
- First Week - 100%
- Second Week - 75%
- Third Week - 50%
- Fourth Week - 25%
- Fifth Week - 0%