What is Pre-Award?
The Pre-Award phase begins with an idea and ends with the submission of a sponsored contract or grant proposal. The Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) is responsible for the review, negotiation and approval of all sponsored proposals. For the pre-award phase, the office provides the following support:
- Ensures compliance with funding agency and Kettering;
- Provides assistance with the completion of the application forms;
- Provides assistance with the planning and completion of the research budget;
- Secures sponsor clarifications when needed; and
- Works individually with submitting faculty members to ensure all application efforts are well coordinated and deadlines can be met.
Who to Contact?
To assist in preparation of PAF, proposal requirements, and submission, please contact Pre-Award Contract and Grant Specialist, Jill Williams, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (810) 762-9677.