Technology Discounts for Personal Use
Kettering University offers to students, faculty and staff discounts on technology purchases for personal use. A list of Computer Hardware, Software and Wireless providers are identified below. To view a list of additional discounts offered to employees, visit the Human Resources website.
Computer Hardware Technology
All Kettering Students, Faculty and Staff are eligible for a 10-13% discount on select Apple technologies purchased for personal use. Available technology discount applies to computing devices such as iPods, iPads, iBooks, Powerbooks, PowerMacs, etc.
To receive the Kettering University discount, just visit the Apple Store for Education and select the appropriate link (either faculty/staff member or student) and enter the University's Zip Code . Next select Kettering University and agree to Apple's shopping agreement. Once you have agreed to Apple's terms and conditions, you will be forwarded to the Apple Store showing the appropriate discount for Kettering University.
Dell and Kettering Univeristy have teamed up to offer you the benefit of participating in the Dell University Program. This is great news for you, since the Dell University Program offers award-winning technology, flexible financing options, service and support, and much more. Kettering students and employees visit the Dell Store and begin shopping to receive up to a 12% discount on computing equipment.
HP offers discounted prices for Kettering University students and employees. Visit the HP Store to receive discounts on computing equipment.
To access the Microsoft Home Use Program Web site:
- Go to the Microsoft Home Use Program webpage.
- Select the country to which you want your order to be shipped to and choose the language for viewing the order website.
- Enter your university e-mail address and insert the following program code: F8937A745E
- Place your order online, and it will be shipped to the location you have chosen. Please note that a fulfillment fee will be charged to cover packaging, shipping, and handling costs.
Note: This program code is assigned to our organization for our sole use in accessing this site. You may not share this number with anyone outside our organization.
Authorized Users are defined as follows:
- Faculty members (whether full-time, part-time or adjunct) at an accredited, degree-granting academic institution.
- Students (whether full-time or part-time) who are enrolled in coursework that results in the receipt of credits (excluding certificate programs and continuing education credits) towards a degree at an accredited, degree-granting academic institution.
The downloading of Minitab 16 is now available through the online Blackboard Academic suite. To download a copy follow the steps listed below:
- Log into the Blackboard system.
- Go to My Files --> Institutional Content --> Enterprise Software --> Minitab
- Read the Setup_notes.txt file for instructions on the installation process.
Kettering employees are eligible for an 18% off Sprint discount for new or existing service.
Kettering employees are eligible for an 18% off discount for new or existing service along with discounts up to 25% off accessories. Instructions on how to activate your Verizon discount is available on Blackboard.