Apple I-Tunes Proxy Setup
Apple I-Tunes requires a modification to function with the Kettering Proxy Servers. Apple I-Tunes does not support Automatic Proxy Configuration. Instead you must add manual proxy settings.
For IE, do the following:
- Click "Tools"
- Click "Internet Options"
- Click on the "Connections" tab
- Click on "LAN Settings" at the bottom right
- In the "Proxy server" area Click "Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections)"
- In the Windows "Address:" enter cache.kettering.edu
- In the Windows "Port:" enter 3128
- Click "Bypass Proxy Server for Local Address
- Click "Ok" twice to close
- Close IE and the settings will be in effect the next time you use IE.