Outstanding Teaching Award
This award is meant to honor faculty who have demonstrated outstanding teaching and support for students. Typically, three faculty members receive the award every year. Nominations for each Academic Year are due on June 1. All tenured and tenure track faculty, adjunct faculty, and lecturers who have not received the award in the last three years are eligible for the award.
Nominations may be submitted by students, alumni, tenure track and tenured faculty, adjunct faculty, lecturers, administrators, and staff.
Nominees may be nominated by more than one person.
Nominators may nominate more than one nominee. Only individuals may be nominated.
Nominations should be submitted by e-mail to the CETL Selection Committeecetlawards@kettering.edu
The subject line should be: Outstanding Teaching Award Nomination.
Nominations should include the following:
- The name of the nominee
- The name of the person making the nomination
- A brief (approx. 100 to 1,000 words) statement explaining why the nominee deserves the award
The criteria used to determine recipients are as follows:
- To what extent did the nominee effectively teach his or her subject? (Please identify the specific course(s) if it is appropriate to do so.)
- To what extent did the nominee encourage personal and professional development and lifelong learning in students?
- To what extent did the nominee build productive personal relationships with students and/or enhance their overall experience at Kettering University?