SWE Expo is Feb. 11-12
Smart high school girls, interested in engineering, math and science, should check out this year's Society of Women Engineers Expo, Feb. 11-12.
SWE Expo is Feb. 11-12
Kettering University is looking for smart, creative high school girls who want to be college students for a weekend and hang out with others who think science, math, engineering and college life experiences are pretty cool. Kettering will host the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) Expo on Feb. 11-12 in Flint, Mich.
“If you’re a smart and creative high school girl, who wants to be hands on and explore Biomechanics, Chemistry, Physics and Metallurgy in real university laboratories for the weekend, join us,” said Melissa Partlo, a senior from Stanton, Mich., majoring in Mechanical Engineering with a specialty in Bioengineering and president of Kettering’s SWE organization. “The members of SWE at Kettering University are waiting for you.”
Program highlights include:
- A weekend on a college campus to explore university life,
- Hands-on engineering activities in real university laboratories,
- Making new friends among high school students who love math and science, and
- Enjoying an overnight stay in a university residence hall surrounded by college women interested in engineering, math and the sciences.
- “This is a great chance to hang out with Kettering women and experience college life,” added Elizabeth McLean, a junior from Tomah, Wis., majoring in Mechanical Engineering and vice president of SWE. “We’re a friendly group and participants will be surrounded by mentors who are interested in everyone having a good time.”
Cost for the program is $25. Space is limited to the first 30 high school sophomore and junior female students to register. Registration is required and available by emailing Melissa Partlo at firstname.lastname@example.org and Elizabeth McLean at email@example.com For more on Kettering’s 2012 SWE Expo, visit: http://www.kettering.edu/futurestudents/precollege/women_engineers_expo_precollege.jsp.
About Kettering University
Kettering University is a nationally-ranked STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) and Business university and a national leader in combining a rigorous academic environment with rich opportunities for experiential learning and cooperative education and a focus on the learning experience of the individual student. Some of Kettering’s fastest growing academic majors are Bioinformatics, Chemical Engineering and BioChemistry. For more information, visit www.kettering.edu.