100 employers at co-op job fair
Kettering University's National Co-op Employment Fair has hung a "full" sign up, with almost 100 employers coming to campus Thursday, April 3.
There’s some positive job news swirling in the Midwest this week -- Kettering University’s National Co-op Employment Fair has so many employers (almost 100!) coming to Flint, Mich., on Thursday, April 3, that the University has hung a “sold out” sign on its spring job fair.
The job fair is closed to the public and only available for Kettering co-op students.
“This event is the largest employment fair in the history of Kettering University,” said Venetia Petteway, corporate relations executive. “The job response for Kettering’s talented co-op students has been tremendous.”
Almost 100 employers will be collecting resumes from more than 250 co-op students from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Connie and Jim John Recreation Center. Fifty companies will then conduct in-person interviews from 3-5 p.m. The students are either entering freshmen or current students seeking employment or re-assignment.
“I think that even though the economy has been challenging, employers are recognizing that it is vital to invest in their future human resources,” Petteway said. “Students bring creativity and help companies move forward in the development of new products and services.” Petteway also credits Kettering alumni for some of the event’s success. “I’m seeing more and more alumni reaching back to campus to open doors of opportunity for students,” she added.
The complete employers list is available at: http://www.kettering.edu/visitors/events/national_employment_fair.jsp.
A sample of the employers at the co-op job fair includes:
- Alcoa Howmet - Castings- Division of Alcoa, Winsted, Conn.
- ArvinMeritor - Commercial Vehicle Systems, Troy, Mich.
- Auto-Owners Insurance, Lansing, Mich.
- AutoLiv - Auburn Hills and Southfield, Mich.
- Beaumont Hospitals, Troy, Mich.
- Becton Dickinson – Labware, Durham, N.C.
- Bosch Corp – St. Joseph and Plymouth, Mich.
- Consumers Energy, Jackson, Mich.
- Cooper Tire & Rubber, Findlay, Ohio
- Delphi - Electronics and Safety, Kokomo, Ind.
- Denso Mfg –Michigan, Battle Creek, Mich.
- ElectroJet Inc., Brighton, Mich.
- General Motors -North America
- Goodrich Corp., West Des Moines, Iowa
- Harley-Davidson Motor Co., Wauwatosa, Wis.
- ITW - Shakeproof Automotive Products, Elgin, Ill.
- McNaughton-McKay Electric, Madison Heights, Mich.
- Mitsubishi - Motors R & D of America, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Road Commission of Macomb County, Mount Clemens, Mich.
- Siemens - Water Technologies Corp., Holland, Mich.
- Stryker Corporation – Instruments, Kalamazoo, Mich.
- TRW – Auto DS, Livonia, Mich.
- Toyota- Motor Mfg North America, Erlanger, Ky.
- Trelleborg Automotive, South Haven, Mich.
- UPS - Corporate-Industrial Eng., Atlanta, Ga.
- Yamaha Motor Corp., Pleasant Prairie, Wis.
Written by Pat Mroczek