Name: John Crimmins
My name is John Crimmins and I am an Industrial Engineering major in my senior year at Kettering. I like mountain biking, redditing for hours on end, and researching cool technology stuff. In essence, I’m a nerd at heart who gets his exercise by riding a bike.
- What activities are/were you involved in at Kettering and in high school? (list academic year, as well as any positions you may have held in any organization)
- FIRST Robotics - Team Leader - 2006-2009
- Lutheran Disability Ministries - Volunteer - 2004-present
- Tour Guide - Kettering University - 2010 - present
- FIRST Ambassador - Volunteer - 2010 - present
- COMPASS Crew - Volunteer - 2010 - present
- Beta Theta Pi - PR Chairman - 2010 - 2011
- Beta Theta Pi - Vice President - 2011 - present
- Kettering Student Government - 2011 - present
2. What is one trait you want people to know you for?
I would like people to know me for being responsible. When given a task to do I will complete it in the given time frame. On top of this, I will always ask for help whenever I need it and reach out to all involved parties.
3. What is your favorite quote/saying?
“Be more concerned with your character than your reputation because your character is what you really are while your reputation is what others think you are.” -John Wooden
4. What do you think can be improved at Kettering and what steps will you take to accomplish this improvement?
I think the transition from the current Senate to the newly elected senate can be improved as well as the communication between A and B section student bodies. In order to accomplish this, I will need to record what goes well within my position and what doesn’t go well so that I can let my A section counterpart as well as the next Administrator know what happened. To do this, I would like to start storing all of the transitions documents digitally so each new senate member is able to review them.
5. What has been your biggest success and failure? What have you learned from them?
My biggest success is still in progress but I still believe it is a large success. Being the Vice President of Beta means that I am in charge of Brotherhood and I made it one of my goals to ensure each brother has more than a surface-level friendship with others. From my experiences, I’ve learned that attaining this goal challenging but doable.
My biggest failure is not attaining a higher GPA when I could have. From this, I might have to learn the lesson the hard way by not being accepted into the graduate school of my choice.
6. What is your motivation to represent the student body via Student Senate?
I would like to represent the student body for a couple of reasons:
There’s a personal growth opportunity. I know by putting myself in a position to serve others there will be a great opportunity for me to grow personally. I want to benefit the team. Being part of the Student Senate means being part of a team that represents the students and what they stand for. I want to be a part of that group I want to serve Kettering. Being able to give back to Kettering in whatever way I can is always good. Seeing that Kettering has given me tons of experiences that I never could have dreamed of having, I feel that serving on the Student Senate is a proper course of action.