The OIP provides a variety of services and programs to promote the success and well-being of all international visitors at Kettering University. Located in the Academic Building (1-919 AB), our staff is available to assist all international students, international faculty and international staff. The following is a list of some of the many services the OIP provides.
- Ensure that the University maintains compliance with all applicable laws and regulations formulated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and other government agencies relating to international students, international faculty, international staff, and other international visitors.
- Function as liaisons to local, state, and federal government agencies and academic institutions.
- Support and engage in efforts at the local, national, and international level promoting the value of international educational and cultural exchange.
- Provide competent and professional services to international students, international faculty, international staff, and other international visitors concerning U.S. immigration laws regulating their stay in the United States.
- Assist all visitors in meeting obligations and requirements of federal regulations relating to their status and period of authorized stay in the United States.
- Determine eligibility and issue appropriate visa documents for entry to or change of visa classification within the United States.
- Assist academic and administrative departments regarding employment-based immigration processes for international faculty, researchers and staff members.
- Develop and oversee programs for the University’s faculty exchange, international research programs, and fellowships.
- Develop and oversee student exchange and study-abroad programs.
- Recruit international students, oversee international activities at Kettering University, and serve as advisors to international student organizations.
- Maintain federal regulations for international visitors, export controls, and SEVIS systems for visas.
- Offer advisement on visa status maintenance for all international visitors (F-1 student visa holders, J-1- exchange students and scholars, H-1B faculty, Permanent Residency for faculty, International Guest Speakers) and all types of non-immigrant visa holders.
- Assist F-1 and J-1 students with the application processes and endorsements for various non-immigrant benefits, such as practical training programs, employment, travel, and status.
- Organize orientation programs for international students and scholars to provide international newcomers with information on immigration regulations, social opportunities, and academic issues.
- Provide assistance with insurance, bank accounts, housing, applying for a driver’s license, obtaining social security cards, taxation, and other settlement concerns.
Other areas of service include:
- Study-Abroad Programs
- International Student Recruitment
- International Students and Visitors
- Oswald International Faculty Fellowships
- Oswald International Student Fellows Program
- Ronald G. Greenwood Memorial scholarship