ALERT : Happy Thanksgiving! Kettering University will be closed on Thursday, November 26 and Friday November 27 for the Thanksgiving holiday.

Work Study Positions on Campus

To qualify for the Federal Work Study (FWS) program you must complete the FASFA application. Federal Work Study will be reported on your Financial Aid Award Letter if you qualify. To continue working in a Community Service position, you must complete the FAFSA application every year to verify your eligibility for the FWS program. 

Looking for a part‐time job while attending classes? Following is a list of positions available every academic term to students that qualify for the Federal Work Study (FWS) program. Not sure if you qualify for FWS? Refer to your Financial Aid Award Letter or call our Financial Aid Office: 1‐800‐955‐4464, x7859. Once you are on campus, be sure to check the “On Campus Employment Positions” bulletin board for new job postings (located in the Campus Center next to Campus Safety) and then go directly to the department to apply for the position and complete the OnCampus Authorization Form .

All students working on campus for the first time are required to complete the I9/W4 forms for payroll (available in the Financial Aid Office 4700cc). You are required to submit two types of original identification with your completed I9 form. If you have a US Passport, that will satisfy both requirements of identification. Otherwise, please bring the following identification documents with you to campus (one from each of the following groups):

  1. Driver’s License/School ID
  2. Social Security Card/Birth Certificate

Academic Success CenterTutor3‐322 AB
 Office Assistant3-100 CC
AdmissionsOffice Assistant4‐700 CC
Campus SafetyVehicle Maintenance 
ECELab Assistant2-703 CC
Human ResourcesOffice Assistant5-843 CC
Information TechnologyLab Monitor2‐340 AB
Kagle InitiativesCommunity Tutor3-300 CC
Liberal ScienceArt Gallery Receptionist4‐502 AB
LibraryCirculation Desk Assistant2‐202 AB
 Technical Services Assistant 
MarketingSocial Media Photographer4-704 CC
MathOffice Assistant2‐100 AB
Mechanical EngineeringOffice Assistant2‐101 MC
 Dock Assistant 
Operational ServicesAssistant to Mail RoomTBA
PayrollOffice Assistant5-849 CC
Recreation CenterAtwood Stadium AssistantAtwood Stadium
 LifeguardRecreation Center
 Sport SupervisorRecreation Center
 OfficialRecreation Center
 *Recreation Assistant 
 *Application Deadline:  day before classes begin each semester at 3 p.m. (called "zero" Sunday).  Applications available online at for at the front desk in the Rec Center.
Residence HallDesk Assistant/Kitchen Asst.Residence Hall

Time cards completed by you and your department are submitted to Payroll every two weeks.

You will be paid bi-weekly through Direct Deposit or a VISA Paycard for the hours worked during that pay period.