The following is a recent change to federal regulations governing federal student aid programs. This change may have an impact on the awarding of federal student aid for repeated coursework.
- A student may receive aid when repeating a course for the first time (course was previously failed or passed first time).
- A student may receive aid when repeating a course that was previously failed , regardless of the number of times the course was attempted and failed.
- A student may receive aid to repeat a previously passed course one additional time.
- Once a student has completed any course twice with a passing grade, he/she is no longer eligible to receive aid for that course.
- The federal regulation change applies whether or not the student received aid for earlier enrollments in the course.