Current Kettering undergraduate students who live or work in Southeast Michigan are encouraged to apply for the scholarship offered by the Southeast Michigan Chapter of the Kettering/GMI Alumni Association. One freshman, one sophomore, one junior, and one senior could be selected to receive a scholarship in the amount of at least $500. Scholarship checks are awarded at the Annual SE Michigan Chapter Event on May 30, 2013 at the San Marino Club in Troy.
· Must be a current Kettering University undergraduate student.
· Must live or co-op in SE Michigan–Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Washtenaw, Livingston, or Monroe counties.
· Cumulative GPA will be taken into consideration by the selection committee.
· Leadership experience, community service, awards and honors, and extra-curricular activities will be considered.
· Must submit a personal statement of why you should be considered for this award
· Must be available to attend the event on May 30, 2013 at the San Marino Club in Troy, MI. If not, another recipient will be chosen – NO EXCEPTIONS.
Submit completed application and personal statement to Laura DiFilippo, University Advancement Office, Kettering University, 1700 University Ave., Flint, MI 48504. You may email the information to her at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to her attention at 810-762-7435.
Application and personal statement must be received by close of business Friday, March 8, 2013.