Good health is a necessary component of academic success. To help you maintain yours, Kettering University requires you to carry health insurance. This requirement may help prevent your academic progress from being interrupted, halted or seriously impacted if you become injured or sick.
This requirement can be met in one of two ways:
- Purchase your own insurance, either as an individual or as a dependent on your parents’ health insurance policy; or
- Purchase the Kettering University Student Health Insurance Plan, available through AIG Educational Markets, at a cost of $1,260.00 for the coverage term July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2015.
The following students are required to verify that they are covered under a health insurance policy by
completing the online health insurance verification process; otherwise, they will be automatically enrolled in and charged premium for the Kettering University Student Health Insurance Plan:
- All new/transfer incoming students enrolling in Summer 2014 Term (A-section);
- All returning A- and B-section students who are enrolled in or will be enrolled in classes or cooperative education work; and
- All seniors who may not be registered in any classes but are finishing a thesis project in the 2014-2015 academic year.
The health insurance verification process period begins June 1, 2014. The deadline to complete the health insurance verification process is July 31, 2014. Students who fail to complete this process by the deadline will automatically be enrolled in and charged premium for the Kettering University Student Health Insurance Plan at a cost of $1,260.00 for the academic year. No exceptions will be made. Visit the Wellness Center webpage
at and click on the AIG logo. It will take you directly to the AIG Educational Markets website
for Kettering University students. If you have previously completed this process, use the same log-in to get back into your account. If you are a new student, create your log-in information. Once you are logged into the system, you will see the instructions on how to complete the online health insurance verification process.
If you want to purchase the Kettering University Student Health Insurance Plan, there is no action needed on your part. If the online health insurance verification process is not completed, you will be automatically enrolled and your account will be billed for coverage under this Plan. You may direct questions regarding the Kettering University Health Insurance Plan and procedures to Prudence Croom-Larry in the Wellness Center at 810.762.9650 or email the Center at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You may also visit our website
and click on the Health Insurance tab for further information.
Cristina L. Galang Reed, MA, LPC
Interim Director, Wellness Center
This is only a brief description of the coverage(s) available. The Policy will contain reductions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. Insurance underwritten by National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa., with its principal place of business in New York, NY