Kettering University has partnered with EverFi, whose mission is to help students address critical life skills such as alcohol abuse prevention and financial literacy in high schools and higher education institutions across the country. Each year over 1/2 million students complete AlcoholEdu for College - their online, non-opinionated, science-based alcohol abuse prevention course.
As part of our comprehensive alcohol prevention program, Kettering University will expect each member of the first-year class to complete AlcoholEdu. Whether you drink or not, this course will empower you to make well-informed decisions about alcohol and help you better cope with the drinking behavior of your peers.
To fulfill Kettering University’s requirement you must achieve the following:
- Complete the Final Exam with a 75%or higher
- Complete Part 1 (approx. 2-3 hours) by: July 9, 2013
- Complete Part 2 (approx. 15 min) by: September 9, 2013
Your course registration schedule will not be disbursed to you until you complete Part 1. Once you complete Part 2, only then will you have COMPLETED the entire course.
EverFi Login Instructions
- Go to: www.kettering.edu/wellness-center
- Click on Incoming Students and Families 2013-14 tab
- Click on EVERFI logo
- Enter the AlcholEdu for College Registration Code: C169983A
If you already have an EverFi higher education account go to the above URL and click Log In. Once signed in, go to your settings to add the Registration Code.
Note: When prompted, please enter your 9-digit Student ID to ensure you receive credit for completion. Your ID number is found on your admissions information.
Other Important Information
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings. Sections end with a “Next” button. DO NOT log out until you click the “Next” button or you will have to repeat the section.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ alcohol-related attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
- Should you experience technical difficulties, click the “Help” button to access the 24/7 help center.
Thank you, and enjoy the course!