Name: Denis Huskic
Position: Freshmen Class Representative
My name is Denis Huskic, I am a Freshman I, and I am running for the position of Freshman Class Representative. I am the kind of person that likes to think outside of the box to help lead others and help them learn how to lead for themselves. I like to be involved in as much as I can, and to stay informed to the best of my ability for the activities I participate in. Throughout high school I kept myself busy with sports, clubs, band, and even started my own club. Now here at Kettering, Freshman Class Rep is my opportunity to bring to you what I have to offer.
- What activities are/were you involved in at Kettering and in high school? (List academic year, as well as any positions you may have held in any organization)
Baja, RHA, work study, intramurals, innovation quest and Greek Life
Arts: Freshman School Play 2009, Classical, Jazz, and Marching Band 2008-2012 Drum Major, Section Leader, and 1st Chair positions.
Community Roles: National Honor Society 2010-2012 and National Junior Honor Society 2006-2008
Sports: tennis, track and field 2008-2012, cross country, wrestling, mountain biking, and ski/snowboard.
2. What is the one trait you want people to know you for?
Throughout high school I always held myself to high standards that pushed myself and
those around me to succeed and accomplish more in education, sports, and life.
3. What is your favorite quote/saying?
“You can only fail if you don’t try.”
4. What do you think can be improved at Kettering and what steps will you take to accomplish this improvement?
I believe that Kettering students should be more interactive with everything that is offered here. Promoting clubs, teams, and events would become one of my primary goals for the Freshman class of 2017 as well as groups in general at Kettering.
5. What has been your biggest success and failure? What have you learned from them?
My biggest success would be making it this far to college. I am a first generation college
student and my family has had to endure copious endeavors to make it this far. Persistence has and will always be with my family and me. I would consider my biggest failure to be not pushing myself to strive for as much as I know I should strive for.
6. What is your motivation for wanting to represent the student body via Student Senate?
I enjoy being a leader, I believe taking on the position of Freshman Representative is the
position I would like to compete for not only to help myself grow as a mature leader, but to help the Freshman Class of 2017 as much as I can.