Office of Multicultural Student Initiatives (OMSI)
The Office of Multicultural Student Initiatives (OMSI) was established in 1992 to advance Kettering University’s commitment to diversity. Our primary responsibility is to provide support services to enable multicultural students to make a smooth transition to Kettering University and engage in meaningful activities to promote their intellectual, social, emotional and professional development.
The overall goal of OMSI is to graduate and improve the quality of life for multicultural students at Kettering University.
OMSI’s Mission is to:
- insure that multicultural students are fully prepared to successfully matriculate within the Kettering University curriculum and environment;
- provide academic support services for multicultural students which will insure their retention and graduation;
- increase the pool of multicultural students qualified to pursue math, science, management or engineering degrees by providing quality pre-college programs;
- work with administrators, faculty, staff and students to create an environment which reflects the diversity of our society;
- initiate and implement special activities and events geared toward creating positive self-imaging and professional development skills for multicultural students.
A major component of OMSI is the Select Student Support Services (4-S) program. With funds provided by the Michigan Department of Labor & Economic Growth, King-Chavez-Parks (KPC) Initiative, this program is designed to enhance student retention through new teaching and learning paradigms.
OMSI is located on the 3rd floor of the Campus Center building in Student Life. If you have questions about the Office of Multicultural Student Initiatives, feel free to email us at email@example.com or call (810) 762-9825.
L.B. McCune, Ed.D
Associate Dean of StudentsOffice of Multicultural Student Initiatives
Office of Student Life