Academic Council Meeting Minutes
Jan. 28th 2014
Student Faculty Forum
- Hosted by Academic council and lead by Aaron Hoffman (director of AC) and Terri Lynch-Caris (director of CETL)
- Ground rules
- Academic Council and CETL information
What makes a student excel academically?
- Deep learning
- Adaptive/lifelong learning
How do we create culture of ethical learning?
- Fact: Do not use an old exam to study w/o asking teacher
- Is using of cribs “unauthorized” or is it okay to use them still to be responsible for their own grades?
- What is the ethics of solution manuals?
-For homework, it can help understanding
-To take the first step, jumping to the solution is not the answer if done every time
-Help sessions instead of office hours for immediate feedback from faculty
- Study guides eliminate need for cribs, while increasing learning
- Student let honor board
-Student form own honor code
-Development of an honor/ethics council in KSG