Why did you choose Kettering?
"I came to Kettering because I wanted to be able to experience what I was going to be doing with my degree. At most colleges, you get your degree but you aren't even really sure what you can do with it. However with Kettering, I know exactly what I can do and what I want to do, with my degree."
What are the five best things about Kettering University?
- The co-op, since it allows you to experience your major.
- The size: Kettering's small size allows you to create a unique bond with professors that you wouldn't be able to do anywhere else.
- Student life: There are always activities, sports, and social opportunities on and off campus.
- The professors really try to help you succeed and are very willing to help you understand the material in any way that they can.
- The new fixed tuition enables student not to have to guess how much they will have to pay each year.
What was your coolest co-op experience:
"My coolest assigment so far was during my Freshman II term. I was able to conduct several Cause and Effect meetings that enabled workers to determine why our producivity was down. I ran the meetings and sent out the notes and helped the workers to increase the plant's productivity through Continuous Improvement. My employers treated me as if I were a full-time employee, which helped me develop my social skills and leading abilities."
What advice would you give to a student considering Kettering University?
"Kettering is probably the best college you could go to. The co-op alone would make it the best investment in your future, but pair that with top-notch professors and small class sizes, and you can't beat it. The co-op program also allows you to help pay for college, learn about your degree, develop critical skills for future employment, and it's a nice break from classes. The professors give your all of the techinical and hands-on knowledge that you need, but in order to really learn something you need to use it everyday. Well, when you go to your co-op, you use the topics you learned every day, which enables you to really understand and retain everything that you learn at Kettering."