Kettering University • Flint, Michigan
July 20– August 1, 2014
Application Deadline: April 14th, 2014
LITE is a two-week residential program created by Kettering University to introduce high school girls to engineering specialties. Participants will learn how to design products that have a profound impact on people’s lives: air bags, crash test dummies, artificial limbs and organs, and car seats. A degree in engineering prepares students for advanced study and careers in business, medicine, law, and education.
- Female students who will have completed 11th grade by July 1, 2014
- Female students who have displayed a strong interest in science and math
- A 3.0 grade-point average
There is no cost to apply. If accepted, you will be asked to pay a $700.00 program fee.
(Financial aid is available; contact the Director for information.)
Note: All LITE Program participants are expected to participate in all scheduled events and to remain on campus for the entire two weeks, including the weekend of July 26 & 27, 2014.
Only completed applications will be considered. Yours should include:
- This application, signed by you and your parent
- Your personal statement
- An official high school transcript (Officially sealed, or sent directly by your school to the Director.)
- A letter of recommendation from your science or math teacher. (Your teacher should mail this directly to the Director)