Kettering requires all students carry health insurance coverage. Regardless of which section you attend you must either complete the health insurance verification process between Friday, June 1, 2012 and Tuesday, July 31, 2012 or purchase Kettering’s Sickness and Accident Plan, provided by Chartis Educational Markets (formerly Maksin Insurance).
- If you have your own health insurance coverage, complete the verification process at www.studentinsurance.com no later than Tuesday, July 31, 2012. Failure to complete the verification process by the deadline will automatically enroll you in Kettering’s Sickness and Accident Plan,at a cost of $1,212.00 for coverage from July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013. The coverage expense will be charged to your student account.
- If you do not have your own health insurance coverage, or wish to purchase ours, you need not take any action. You will automatically be enrolled in Kettering’s Sickness and Accident Plan, provided by Chartis, and your student account will be charged $1,212.00 for coverage from July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013. The University’s health insurance coverage meets all the requirements stipulated by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services for compliance with the 2010 Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
Please note the following regarding this verification process:
- The University will not complete the verification process for you. Although the Wellness Center may have a copy of your insurance card, you must complete the online verification process though the Chartis website.
- Any student who fails to complete the electronic verification process by Tuesday, July 31, 2012 deadline will be charged $1,212.00 and insured in the Kettering Sickness and Accident Plan offered through Chartis for the period July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013, regardless of other health coverage.
- Under no circumstance will the University reverse the $1,212.00 insurance charge for students who fail to complete the health insurance verification process by the deadline.
Further information about Kettering’s health insurance policies and procedures may be found at http://www.studentinsurance.com. You may also contact Sue Cook in the Wellness Center at (810)762-9650 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information about our insurance provider, The Chartis Group, may be found at www.studentinsurance.com or by calling (877)775-5430.
Vice President of Student Life &
Dean of Students
Interim Director, Wellness Center