ACADEMIC AFFAIRS SUBCOMMITTEE ON ENROLLMENT
The purpose of the Academic Affairs Subcommittee on Enrollment is to review, discuss, and, when appropriate and necessary, recommend action on important and substantive issues and proposals regarding goals, strategies, issues and accomplishments in University activities relating to enrollment, scholarship and financial aid.
Review of Charter
This charter shall be reviewed and reassessed by the Academic Affairs Committee at least annually, and any proposed changes shall be submitted to the Board of Trustees for approval.
The Academic Affairs Subcommittee on Enrollment shall be composed of not less than three Trustees. At least one faculty member, and at least one student shall serve as representatives to the Committee without the power to vote. The Vice President for Marketing, Communications, and Enrollment shall serve, ex officio, as a non-voting member of the Committee, and the President may appoint other non-voting members as required to properly exercise the duties of the Committee.
A quorum of any meeting of the Academic Affairs Committee shall consist of a majority of its voting members.
The Vice President for Marketing, Communications, and Enrollment and/or his/her designee(s), shall be staff to the Subcommittee.
Meetings shall be held in conjunction with regularly scheduled meetings of the Board, or as deemed necessary by the Chair of the Subcommittee.
Agenda, Minutes and Reports
The Chair of the Subcommittee, in collaboration with the Chair of the Academic Affairs Committee and the staff designee, shall be responsible for establishing the agendas for meetings of the Subcommittee. An agenda, together with relevant materials, shall be sent to the subcommittee members in advance of each meeting. Minutes for all meetings shall be prepared in draft form by the staff designee and reviewed by the Chair, and shall be approved by the subcommittee members at the following meeting. The minutes shall be distributed periodically to the full Board of Trustees through the Academic Affairs Committee. The Subcommittee shall make regular reports to the Academic Affairs Committee.
Authority and Responsibilities
The Subcommittee shall have primary responsibility on behalf of the Board of Trustees and the Academic Affairs Committee for the:
- Review of University policies regarding admission of students and the impact of these policies on the University as a whole;
- Oversight of matters of policy relating to students’ admission, registration and record keeping;
- Review and oversight of the University’s enrollment goals with regard to the overall number of students, their academic quality, and their ability to impact positively the campus community;
- Review of, on an annual basis, operational guidelines for the admission of new freshman during the next application year;
- Review of, on an annual basis, the language used in publicizing the University’s admission requirements, including a profile of characteristics typical of students who are academically successful;
- Review and oversight of performance metrics and objectives regarding selectivity and applicant yield in addition to total enrollment;
- Development and implementation of approaches to broaden domestic geographic and international appeal of the University;
- Oversight of initiatives to increase the diversity of students; and
- Conducting an annual self-evaluation of the performance of the Subcommittee, and effectiveness and compliance with this charter.
The foregoing is a full, true and correct copy of the Charter passed and adopted by the Board of Trustees of Kettering University at a meeting thereof held on the 7th day of December 2012.