Sponsor a Technology Award
Kettering University Technology Award
Sponsored by Kettering/GMI alumni, corporate partners and friends, Technology Awards recognize and honor qualified high school juniors and encourage them to consider careers science, technology, engineering, mathematics and business. Name recognition of Kettering University is enhanced as awards are presented in schools throughout the nation. These well-qualified students are recruited to attend Kettering University, and the local school has a community contact that is knowledgeable about what Kettering has to offer.
How the Program Works
- Receives a detailed information packet with instructions and deadlines when the program kicks-off in the winter term;
- Meets with the principal of the chosen high school to explain the program using the information packet and leaves materials with the school;
- Assures the school communicates the name of the selected student to Kettering;
- Receives and delivers the personalized award packet to the high school before the end of their school year;
- Attends the award presentation at the high school if invited; and
- Makes a tax-deductible donation of $50 per award to Kettering.
The high school:
- Chooses a qualified junior student;
- Communicates the recipient's name to Kettering and the sponsor; and
- Presents -- or invites the sponsor to present -- the handsome bronze medallion, award certificate and portfolio at the school underclassmen honors ceremony.
How to Participate
You can sign-up any time of the year, but the deadline to participate is March 15.
Fill out the sign-up sheet and return with payment to:
Bonnie McArthur, Assitant Director of Alumni Engagement
1700 University Avenue
Flint, MI 48507
Or fax to: (810) 762-7435, attn: Bonnie McArthur
View a list of participating high schools here.